This policy (together with any other documents we refer to in it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Who we are
“We” or “us” means Ty
If you wish to contact us, please click here.
By contacting us, using our services or visiting our website, which is owned and controlled by us (“our site”), you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy unless you inform us otherwise.
Information we collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us.
You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide if you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey, and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, date of birth, financial information; personal description; dietary requirements; medical conditions; allergies; dependants personal information, next of kin details, employment status/history.
Information we collect about you.
With regard to visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Information we receive from other sources.
We may receive information about you from third parties such as online travel agents or booking engines. When that data is collected from you, you should be informed by those third parties at that stage that it may be shared internally by us and combined with data collected from multiple sources.
We also work with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us.
We will use this information to:
- notify you about changes to our service;
- ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device.
Where you have indicated to us that you are happy for us to do so, we may also use this information to:
- provide you with information about other services we offer that are similar to those that you have already enquired about or receive from us; and
- provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please leave the relevant box blank situated on the form on which we collect your data.
Information we collect about you
Examples of how we will use this information include (but is not limited) to;
- administer our services, and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device;
- allow you to participate in interactive features of our services, when you choose to do so;
- keep our services, site and premises safe and secure;
- measure or understand the effectiveness of our service.
Information we receive from other sources.
We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
You agree that we can share your personal information with:
- our suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them to allow us to provide services to you, and only where they are under a duty to deal with your personal data in accordance with the law; and
- anonymously, with analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site or business.
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
We are a member of Premier Cottages, a professional collective of independent luxury cottage owners. Premier Cottages promotes properties on our behalf as well as other luxury cottages. As members of Premier Cottages we would like to give them your information so that they can contact you about other quality properties that you might like. You may unsubscribe from this service at any time.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers or on secure servers operated by a third party. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will ask for your permission before collecting your data if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. If you have given us permission to disclose information about you to a third party, you may revoke that permission at any time by contacting us.
You have the right (subject to certain restrictions) to request any of the following; we ask that you send such requests to our contact details as listed above:
- Access – to access all the personal data we hold about you;
- Erasure – that we erase all personal data we hold about you, if that data is no longer being used for the purposes you have consented to or if you revoke your consent;
- Portability – to copy or transfer the personal data we hold about you to another party.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
We will not store your data for any longer than is necessary. If you are a user of our services, then your information will be held for as long as you continue to use our services.
If you cease to use our services, your personal data will be anonymised for statistical purposes shortly after you stop using our services.
“We” or “us” means Austin Towers
Our registered address is Plas Llangoedmor, Llangoedmor, Cardigan, SA43 2LB
“Website” means https://www.headlandcottage.wales/
If you wish to contact us, please click here https://www.headlandcottage.wales/get-in-touch/
What is a cookie?
A ‘cookie’ is a type of data file that is stored on your device when you visit a website or perform actions while visiting a website. A cookie file contains information that is transferred to your device’s memory which is recalled when you revisit our site, or when you perform certain actions on your device. Where we refer to a cookie in this policy, this incorporates similar tracking technologies.
When you first visit our website, we only use necessary cookies. This means that additional cookies (called “Optional Cookies” in this policy) won’t be used unless you agree to accept/enable all cookies, or select your own cookie preferences.
Optional cookies are used for analytical, performance, advanced functionality and advertising purposes. More information is set out in this policy. Optional cookies help us improve our website and we believe accepting all optional cookies provides you with the best user experience.
Cookies can be “First Party”, i.e. set by us, or “Third Party”, i.e. placed on your device by another organisation when you visit our website. Third-party cookies may be placed on your device by an organisation providing a service to us or by our business partners, so that they can advertise products and services to you on our website and elsewhere on the internet. Because of how cookies work, our website cannot access third-party cookies stored from other websites; nor can other organisations access the data in the cookies we use on our website.
Changing your preferences
You can select to accept/enable some or all of the optional cookies either within the settings of your own device or by selecting the option provided on our website.
How long will cookies stay on my device?
The length of time a cookie will stay on your computer or mobile device depends on whether it is a “persistent” or “session” cookie. Session cookies should expire when you stop browsing. Persistent cookies stay on your device until they expire after a set period or are deleted. For each of the cookies used on our website we have set out the duration in the tables below.
The Cookies we use on our website
Necessary Cookies are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that allow page navigation or enable you to access certain areas of our website. Our website cannot function properly without these cookies. Necessary Cookies can only be disabled by changing your browser preferences but doing so may result in reduced or limited functionality of our website. In some circumstances our website may cease to function as intended if necessary cookies are disabled, deleted or otherwise altered. We do not accept any liability for any loss arising where necessary cookies are disabled, deleted or otherwise altered.
Further Information (including duration of the cookie)
We need to obtain your consent to use Optional cookies; this is usually by way of a pop-up notice. As set out in this policy, you can change your preference at any time.
Advanced functionality, Analytics and Performance
We use advanced functionality cookies to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
We use analytical/performance cookies to enable us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors use our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.