We absolutely adore dogs and are pleased to welcome you and your furry friend to Headland Cottage. We have done all of the research for you, so all you have to do is get here and enjoy. All we ask of you is that you look after your dogs responsibly.
For reasons of hygiene and consideration to future guests, we would ask that you be mindful of the following:
- Please do not allow your dog on the sofas, chairs or beds, we provide Doggy blankets and beds which you are welcome to use
- Please ensure the front and rear terrace is free from any ‘doggy mess’. We provide poo bags and there are poo-bins conveniently located on the village green in front of the property. If you would like to wash your dog’s paws (or yourself) following a swim or sandy beach visit, feel free to use the hot and cold shower located on the front porch.
- When going out please do not leave your dog unsupervised. We can help with dog sitters.
- The front and back of the property are contained but please check our 360 pictures to ensure it is appropriate for you dog.
We do provide Doggy treats but other Dog food may be purchased at the locally at Premier Shop, Aldis, Tescos in Cardigan or indeed at the Farmers Market (Tuesday mornings) from the stall called St Dog Meals. You could also pay a visit to Burns Pet Nutrition in Cardigan
- Being directly on the coast path there are lots of walks nearby. Aberporth’s North Beach is dog-friendly and is really popular with dog walkers.
- The wildlife centre and the adjacent Teifi gorge provide great walking as well
- There are a number of maps and suggestions for walks in the house – if you need further recommendations please call us
- We have a selection of leads for you to use when walking your Dog in the local area
There is an excellent veterinary clinic in Cardigan who operate a 24 Hour Service– Priory Vets 01239 612479
A few of the Local Eateries that Welcome Dogs
The Cwtch Café, Aberporth overlooking the beaches
The Ship, Aberporth (lunch and dinner, dogs are welcome in the bar and downstairs restaurant area).
The Boy Ashore, Aberporth (Summer Season Only – dinner after 6pm – situated right on the beach).
The Ship, Treisath (lunch and dinner, dogs are welcome in the bar area and outside decks
Plwmp Tart Café (Penbryn – lunch and snacks).
Cardigan & St Dogmaels
Frequently Asked Questions
We do ask for your pet’s safety and comfort that you don’t leave them unaccompanied. We can provide the details for local doggy day care and kennel services. Also if your dogs get along with Winnie & George we may be able to look after them for you – give us a call.
There is a dog-shower next to the outside human-shower
London House Stores, the local shop in Aberporth will stock some.
Burns Pet Shop, Cardigan and The Cardigan Pet Centre, both have a large range of well-known dog food brands, too.
Priory Vets (based in Cardigan) are excellent and provide an on-call 24 hours service. Out-of-Hours Emergencies – 01239 612479 (same number during the day).
The beach nearest the front of Headland Cottage is dog friendly all year round
We do ask that dogs stay off the beds due to the mix of visitors that we receive. However, we do understand that some dogs like cosy spots to curl up on the sofa – so we provide a huge doggy blanket and would ask you to cover anything that your dog fancies snoozing on.
Yes they are secure but we ask you to take your dog across the road to the green where your dog can do their business – waste bins are available there.
Perfect holiday for your Pooch
Trying to find a holiday that the whole family can enjoy? Look no further, Cardigan has so much to offer and explore. There are so many beautiful walks around the coast and wonderful dog friendly eateries to choose from.